People-

 

Daughters, 

Hello. Hi. It’s me. Learning this yet again. People suck sometimes, even the ones you are close to. Remember that kids. Why is that? Human intimacy = human cruelty? Yes. Sometimes. And yet. 

If this sounds a bit cynical, it’s because I’m still currently in the wave of betrayal and feeling all the emotions that go along with it. And I’m currently giving myself permission to be there for a little bit as my head wraps around the fact that I’ve been hurt. 

Why am I writing about it here you might ask? Because I know someday you might find yourself here too. But what I’m also learning is that it’s less about me and more of a reflection of them. I keep having to remind myself of that, and also that being the victim rarely is the victim’s fault. In fact, hurt people- hurt people. So this current state of mind is one I know won’t last forever. But forgiveness usually doesn’t come with forgetfulness. 

I may be guarded going forward with this person, but I’m determined to love more than hurt, and this current hurt still doesn’t change that!

Don’t let yours either, 

Mom 

Comments