Response-

 

Daughters, 

“It’s not really what happens to you that matters as much as who you become in response to those things. 

Suffering is very good, you come out of it stronger. Or it destroys you; it’s only years later that you realize it didn’t.” 

-Katherine Center 

I can relate to these two quotes more than I even care to admit. But admitting is really the first step towards healing and quite often the tiny light that goes off in your head when you realize coming out of something hard that you are indeed stronger than you think. But man, is it ever painful to go through hard stuff and especially with even harder people. 

Can I just make a quick note here that states: 

People suck sometimes! 

I’m still waiting to completely come up for air after last night’s offense, as walking through hard stuff with you two turns out to be even harder than doing it alone. You’re both my insides after all. 

And this whole mom thing, I’m still working on it. 

But just when I think I’m nailing it, one of you goes through something that sends the whole parenting thing off it’s axel. And then I question everything, but mostly how much I’m screwing this up and the therapy I’m causing you two- someday. 

You my oldest, are getting a front row seat on how much humans (especially the kid kind) suck sometimes and it’s only third grade! 

Let’s just say, that I wish I could hide you away from everyone! 

But then there’s quotes like the ones above and I’m especially reminded that you too can become a better friend and person through these very crappy times. 

I hope you know that I will fight for you. I will cry with you. I will advise you. I will listen to you. Probably should mostly listen to you. 

Know that you both are the best kind of kid and that you will only continue to be better. I’m extremely proud of who you both are. And extremely privileged to be raising exceptional human beings. 

People like Lili can’t destroy you oldest daughter. Even when it feels like she might. Even when this is the third major blow. 

If her being mean because you are nice is what fuels her, then there’s a special place for people like that and one that you won’t be apart of. 

And because I will always be the Joan of Ark for people like you two, and myself even, 

“what goes around, comes around.” 

She won’t win, 

Mom 

Comments