Achievement-

 

Daughters, 

I’ve written to you both about success a couple of times, but this time I wanted to specifically talk about achievement. Bare with me! 

“We honor our children when we can create a culture not of self-aggrandizement (enhancing your own reputation) or self-effacement, of overachievement or underachievement- but a culture of the joy of achievement. The joy of working hard. Of nurturing our gifts. Not because we have to. Because we’re free to. Because we’re blessed with the gift of life.” 

Edith Eger 

This quote though! It’s says everything that I hope to when it comes to both of your achievements and success. I hope that as you both grow, we are practicing this culture of achievement because there is joy in it and not because you both feel like you have to. 

I guess what I’m getting at is that I don’t want you both to think that you must perform in order for me (or anyone) to be proud of you or love you. Instead, I hope that your achievements come naturally as you both work hard and also do things that you both are passionate about. 

-Let the joy of achievement and your natural gifts fuel you. And in the words of Edith, “because we’re blessed with the gift of life.” 

Go do, 

Mom 

Comments