Control 2.0-

 

Daughters, 

“We cannot control our outcomes. We cannot formulate how the promises of God will actually take shape. And we will never be able to demand any of the healing from all the hurt to hurry up. But some will live their whole lives missing the chance to see all the good God has placed around them just for them. Partly because the hard stuff has demanded so much of their attention. And the seeming permanence of some of the heartbreak has stolen their affection for life.” 

-Lysa Terkeurst 


I can think of a few people in my life who are still victims of their own heartbreak and I’m guessing you will too. In fact, I used to be one of them. 

I used to think that I had to stay wounded and carry around my past offenses as if it was my burden or just apart of life; even to “prepare me” for future hurt. Spoil alert, it never helped prevent any wrong from happening. Instead it kept me from living wholeheartedly. 

I still have a tendency to think “all or nothing,” or better said, that there is a permanence to bad things happening. But through healing, I’m finding what Lysa describes as the bigger part to being victorious, and that is by how well we are living right now, this minute. 

-Mom 

Comments