Love Is The Answer-

 

-Natalie Taylor 

Daughters, 

I figured this was the best way to end the month and on your Nanie’s birthday no less. It’s the perfect song as an antidote to a hard day or season. I know you will have those. Just last week in fact, you my oldest felt the ultimate heartbreak as someone who you thought was your good friend turned out to be the one to hurt you most. For that I’m truly sorry! I know that we do life with her (and her family) outside of school walls which carry a different kind of hard so these lyrics are especially for you. Deep hurt can produce compassion (and love) if you let them. Know that I carry you and stand with you now and always- 

My love for you won’t fix what you are going through, but I truly believe a mother’s love and any true kind of love is the answer. 

Lysa Terkeurst’s quote comes to mind and is the best way I know how to end here, 

“The enemy isn’t scared of the judgmental soul shellacked with a fake sense of perfection. But the compassionate soul who has hurt deeply and come out loving.”

You are enough-

Mom 

Comments