Popularity-

 Daughters, 


I feel like this is especially important for your generation and social media. Let’s face it : 

It can feel especially important to be noticed, appreciated, liked or loved. We are human. Made for connection. 

But please don’t confuse connection with popularity. I think rarely do they truly coincide. Maybe, I guess, but in my experience, popularity is more about getting attention than connection. If you discover that I’m wrong, I will gladly step aside. 

Popularity doesn’t even seem like true friendship to me, just a lot of likes on social media and people pretending to like you even in person. Usually true friendships ring more a long the lines of quality over quantity. 

Being well liked isn’t a bad thing, just as long as you’re being your true self to be liked. I encourage you both to look beyond cliches, cliques, and people who don’t always act the same in public as they do in private. 

Just do your thing with passion, humility, and honesty. 

Just be you…

(and maybe don’t ever run for president of the United States), 

Mom 

(Quote Taken From 40 Hard Truths, Marc Chernoff) 

Comments