Friend Zone-

 

Daughters, 

This by far sums up friendships for me. 

Thomas Aquinas said, 

“There is nothing else on this earth more to be prized than true friendship.” 

And I couldn’t agree more. 

I’ve wrote to you about friendship before but I wanted to say more now that you both are in school full time. And for you oldest daughter, middle school draws near and I can already sense that you have found out that friendships can be complicated as you get older. Not all females are created equal! Know, that I too still get hung up on the wanting to fit in and have company versus a true relationship with someone that has my back at all times. Seasons, grades, and schools change, and who you spend time with probably will too. Worry less about who’s popular or “flashy” and more about who you enjoy spending time with and makes you feel good. Remember, making you laugh and laughing at you are two very different things. 

Hold on to what is true, 

Mom 


Comments