Anxiety-


 Daughters, 

I’m as surprised as you are that I haven’t wrote here about anxiety sooner. Or better yet, anxious thoughts. I don’t know how you will be as you get older, but I hate to break it to you both that you come from a worrier of a mother. And quite often anxiety is just that, ugly worries gone rapid. Lysa Terkeurst is better at explaining, 

“The feeling of anxiety is like a alarm bell alerting us to remember the Lord is near, so we don’t have to overreact; we can let the peace of God protect our hearts and minds, and intentionally direct and filter our thoughts, factoring in what is still good. And keep putting into practice these good principles. It’s understandable that you and I feel anxious when someone is misusing or abusing the access we give them. But we need to let that anxiety be an alarm and not a constant state of being.” 

This perhaps is the best thing if ever read on anxiety! I would only add that sometimes it’s something new and unexpected that can also lead to anxious thoughts or anxiety. Know that we all experience these feelings at times either from the people in our life or the unknown, but that sometimes highly sensitive people like myself tend to feel it more often. I’m getting much better at working through it- 

 If you find yourself feeling this way too, re-read what Lysa has so beautifully said, what I’m saying, and come back to what is still good and what you know to be true, 

Mom 

Comments