Faith 2.0-

 

“I can recall nights in the past when I felt completely overwhelmed with hurt and shame and sadness, and even in those places when I have felt so under attack, I’ve encountered the beautiful protection of the Lord, like a shield or covering over me.” 

-Ellie Holcomb 

Daughters, 

I was going to title this one protection, but I was worried that it might be misinterpreted 😆

I wasn’t going to go that route (if your mind indeed went there), but instead sort of continue on my last note to you both on faith.

I too have had many of the same feelings as Ellie, in fact, just last week I felt this way because of what I was going through with a friend. I love what she wrote so much; know that the Lord is indeed protecting you both. Sometimes that comes in the shape of peace even in the unknown. Other times it’s simply missing out. And even in the form of silence. -know that I completely understand that feeling of being left out or not saying the things you wish you would have said in the moment. I hope that makes sense! I guess, what I’m getting at is that quite often the Lord’s beautiful protection comes in those forms by removing you from the drama or situation. Know that what is meant for you will often come without the crap so to speak. And even in those moments of being hurt, you are not forgotten. His covering is like a shield- have faith,

Mom 

Comments