Water-

 


“The water is what calls to me when it is time to gather courage, make a life pivot, wash away some kind of devastation, and begin again.” 

-Cy Wakeman 

I love this quote (as I do with all that I share here) because it literally puts how I feel next to water in the words that I couldn’t bring to say or write. She brings my feelings out and into real life. Like her, I have often come back to the water in different points in my life, searching for peace most of all but also refuge. And even though the reasons why I return have changed in various times, the truth that remains true is that it is my invitation to begin again. 

The part that I’m learning still and better yet working on is that life on the outside will not stop while I’m figuring my life out on the inside. Suffering finds us all. However, what I’m finding is that I don’t have to pretend I have it all figured out or better yet, that I’m okay when I’m not. In these moments I’m learning to get the help I need and to truly slow down long enough to give me what the water does- healing. Peace. Time. 

Now if I’m being really honest here: 

The people pleasing in me also tends to rank my suffering and often leads to the biggest lie of all in my brain- that my hardships aren’t worthy. That other’s problems or grief will always be more timely than my own. Now I’m telling you this because I want you to not do the same. We are all invited to answer the call of the water and to truly begin again, 

Mom 

Comments