Heart-

 

Daughters, 

“You need to ask yourself what makes your heart beat in ways that make you stronger, more courageous, more giving, and more loving. Figure out what makes your heart skip a beat with joy and what makes it miss a beat with dysfunction and distraction. Be willing to change all of it if you need to.” 

“Don’t be distracted by how different you are from everyone else. Our hearts were meant to beat together, not the same.”
-Bob Goff

I can’t think of better quotes to share with you both as you grow and leave my nest. It has taken me far too long to find these words, and I can’t help but wonder how my twenties would of looked different having heard this instead of discovering it the hard way. 
I want nothing more than for you two to find what makes your heart beat better. I hope that in a world that sells you a different message (and cheaper) that you dare to be different. While I know it can be lonely sometimes; know that staying true to your heart will always be the better choice. Not easier, but longer lasting. Finding what Bob is talking about will bring you peace and joy in ways that nothing else can. Being someone you’re not just to fit in is an easy trap to fall into, and will temporarily make it feel easier, but it will eventually lead to dysfunction and distraction. 
You two are special, and are already so much different (in the most wonderful ways) than your peers. I have no doubt when you become my age that you will lead a heart-full life. And if not; keep coming back to what makes you feel stronger, courageous, more giving, more loving, and more joyful- 

Mom 

Comments