Strength-


 Daughters, 

We’re at the point here in this journey where I’m starting to have to re-check my previous posts in order to make sure I haven’t already shared this: 

“Mental strength is not just hoping that nothing ever goes wrong. It is believing that we have the capacity to handle it if it does.” 

-Brianna Wiest 

I do hope I just credited the right person! I tend to take so many notes from the books I read, and sometimes I’m reading multiple books at once so there you have it! She goes on to say, 

“The more you avoid fear, the more intense it becomes.” 

We’ll, that explains everything! Take it from me, not because I’m your mom, but because I’ve been around the block a few more times, you can’t out run fear, mistakes, bad, or basically everything on the opposite side of good. I used to think that my hack to skipping those things was avoidance or perfectionism which in turn only made me feel worse in the long run. 

I’ve realized, in all the work that I have done on myself in my 30’s and in also investing and loving myself, it has instead left me mentally strong- which in turns shows me that I do have the capacity to handle when life does go wrong. 

You do too, 

Mom 

Comments