New People-


 Daughters, 

This one is a tough one to write because I’m currently looking for new people in my own life. It’s especially hard for me, because as your mom I want to come off polished and less of a mess. I don’t want you to lose hope as you grow and think that all of adulthood will be spent defending who you are and your truths. But if I’m being honest here, it might. At least life feels like that right now. I touched on it a little bit when I wrote about acceptance, but this pandemic has forced me to keep coming back to who I am and what’s important to me. It’s made me appreciate those that love and accept me for who I really am and to look for the joys in life even in its current state. As hard as it is to still long for a community, I’m learning to live in the moment more and to love myself in the process. Finding true friends isn’t easy, but I promise if you stop apologizing for who you are and instead lean into what is true and lifts you up- joy will follow. Your true heart will shine and that is absolutely worth fighting for! 

You do you,

Mom 

Comments