Grief (Part Two)-

 



Daughters, 

“What can we do other than try to remind one another that some things can’t be fixed, and not all wounds are meant to heal. We need each other to remember, to help each other remember, that grief is this multitasking emotion. That you can and will be sad, and happy; you’ll be grieving, and able to love in the same year or week, the same breath. We need to remember that a grieving person is going to laugh again and smile again… they’re going to move forward. But that doesn’t mean they’ve moved on.” 

-Nora McInerny 

You’ve unfortunately felt the weight of grief in your short lives or at least sense it’s presence after your grandma’s passing and within the world you live in. As much as I want to protect you from loss, I know that you will both experience more in the future. These quotes both cover grief in such a beautiful way. 

-Grief has shown me too that I can move forward, but I will never move on without those I’ve lost and loved. I will always miss them. And as far as this world’s grief that is happening all around us, I’m looking for the pockets of joy within, 

Mom 

Comments