Goodbyes-

-Marc & Angel Chernoff 


Daughters, 

Goodbyes are tough even when they are necessary. These types of goodbyes I’m talking about aren’t deaths but you can absolutely grieve them too. 

I wish at my age that I could say that I’m better at handling goodbyes, rejections, and closed doors but I’m not. I think the only thing I’m truly better at is not letting it affect me as long but that’s about it. If pulling myself up faster is nailing goodbyes than give me the medal, but it still sucks. Like really sucks. 

In fact, just today my article for publishing was rejected for the second time. And even though I absolutely prepared myself for this moment it was still devastating. Sure, not in the same way as losing my dear friend or other hard things that took much longer to “get over.” But what I found is that wether I grieve my goodbyes in any form (people, circumstances, and opportunities) long term or short term they are still hard. Hard but not end game. 

I’m happy and content with what I submitted, by the way. And I love to write. I’m worthy no matter what happens and that includes me as a writer too. Losing people (outside of death), not being chosen, leaving what you thought was “the” job for you are all examples at hard goodbyes, but they are also examples of chances at the next chapter too- 

Make some room,

Mom 

Comments