Choices-


 Daughters, 

I’m going to start this out by being completely real with you both: When reading the above quote I most definitely in the moment want choice four; which if you noticed isn’t even an option. When in the trenches I mostly feel like my life is over, but what I have found instead is that life continues and I’m no longer the same person afterwards either. But just like it says above, who emerges can be an even better version but it’s up to me. 

Brianna Wiest helps me by saying, 
“Stop trying to predict what you can’t know, and start putting your energy toward building what you can. You and your life will be better for it.” 

I don’t have my degree yet, but I’m a master at predicting, assuming, and fixing my way through my problems (and other people’s for free)- which in turn usually makes the suffering last longer. Rather than carry out my offenses and wounds long term though I’m realizing that I need to allow myself time to heal and build up from there. 

Brianna Wiest goes on to say, 
“You cannot ignore your problems. You cannot disregard your wounds. These are issues that you will need to unpack, process, learn from, and adapt your behavior accordingly. This won’t only make you mentally stronger; it will also give you a better quality of life overall.” 

What I’m getting at here is, that while you aren’t immune to problems in life, I hope they will strengthen you in the end-

Mom 

Comments