Friendship 2.0-

 

                                                        -Marc and Angel Chernoff 

Daughters, 

I do my best here to keep things mostly positive, but this writing will not come off that way and that’s okay! I’ll be 💯 percent honest when I say that not all people are worthy of you. I truly believe you can be respectful, but you do not need to befriend everyone. For most of my life I have been okay with scraps of what I called friendship. This doesn’t mean every one of my friends are this way; I absolutely have a few true friends. But really until a few years ago, I considered anyone that gave me time or said the right things- as friends. What I realized though, was that friendship was absolutely  more than just a connection and what I bring to the relationship. Like I said before, it isn’t a one way street! 

There will be times in your own lives where you will find yourself caring the most in a friendship. And even though I wish I could spare you both from ever feeling taken advantage of, I can’t. Perhaps you’ll be fortunate enough to find your tribe of friends. But if it doesn’t come as easy, know your value and what you have to offer; you don’t have to settle for scraps, 

Mom 


Comments