I See You-



Daughters, 

I really hope when you reach adulthood that I certainly made you feel this way for the first 18 years of your life! Of course, that doesn’t mean it ends at graduation. 

Becoming a mom is something that I have dreamed about my whole conscious life and it’s everything I didn’t consider, lol. It’s so much harder, but the loving you part I got right at least. Words can’t describe what you both mean to me, but I’ll try. I’ll try my whole life with you girls; and continue to show you what you both mean to me. I find this especially important now that you two are old enough to understand, and the best part is, that you’re old enough to say what I mean to you back. I’m really trying to show you both that you are each uniquely created; sharing some of the same qualities  as each other and me but purposefully your own person. I’m trying to show you that loving yourself is so important. It took me a good 30 years to do that! Along those lines, I think it’s important to also add that even some of your unique qualities can be ones you don’t always like and still like who you are always. Know that we all have quirks and ticks that make us stand out. For so long I felt ashamed about those, but what I have found is that they not only make me- me, they also allow me to connect and have empathy towards others. 

I hope that as you both grow that I’m only helping you along the way and not into anything you’re not meant to be. I hope to instill kindness, hard work, love, faith, happiness and peace (not necessarily in that order). I hope to have more days of me listening instead of talking. Where you tell me all of your likes, hopes and dreams (and less of how to outsmart the mean girls). And most of all, I hope I make you feel loved, liked, and full- 

Mom 

 

Comments