Grace-

 Daughters, 


It’s been awhile to say the least. I set out to write a handful of times each month this year, but our move has gotten the best of me this summer. Remind me to never build a house or move again. 

Grace. If I weren’t so afraid of getting a tattoo I’m sure 2 Corinthians 12:9 would be plastered somewhere appropriate on my body. I love this verse just as much as John 14:27. Although, maybe tattooing John is exactly why I must rethink the whole body art thing. Corinthians can’t be mistaken for a ex boyfriend (like John), just saying. But getting back to my point here, His Grace is really sufficient. And it’s in times like these that I find myself clinging to those words. I love what Anne says above because rarely does Grace find me when things in life are going wonderful. Or perhaps I’m too happy to pay attention. Quite often Grace is needed when crap hits the fan. When I feel weak. Exhausted. Broken. And being the thinker of the worst like I am, I need as much grace as I can get! Anne Lamott also says, “ninety percent of the time, this is the solution: tell it. Cry if you can. If you can’t, sit in a dejected posture, hunched over, and stay with this awhile. It will shift, and become less acute.” 

So there you have it. And if your old mom can’t convince you enough, Anne Lamott should. 

And I promise, when you are in the throes of life. Deep in the trenches and desperately looking for Grace I’ll: 

Listen. 

Probably cry too. 

Stroke your hair. 

Rub your back.

Tell you that I’m here. 

Pinky promise I won’t hurt the person that hurt you (that’s a toughfy). 

Remind you that life isn’t over. 

And slide in 2 Corinthians 12:9. 

If His Grace is sufficient for me, it is especially for you two! And I will do my best not to “mom” all over your problems and fix them or especially dismiss your feelings. Like Grace, I will meet you right where you are but not leave you where I found you, 

Mom 



Comments