Today-

 Daughters,



I’m not sure if your brain will work like mine does when assessing the trauma in your life, but in any case I think you both need to hear this-

“Today isn’t the whole story. Today is part of the story, but it’s not the whole story.” -Lysa Terkeurst 

Today, if you are experiencing something hard- what you are going through will not only seem awful but permanent. It’s not. Sure there’s times when what we are going through will last into the following days. Not all circumstances or relationships are meant to be fixed. But the message I hope to pass along here is that you are not meant to stay in that state forever. Today is today. Not all feelings will go away, but in most of my worst case scenarios, sleep has done wonders. Don’t mistake me for saying that reality can be fixed with sleep alone. What I’m saying is that sleep can help take a lot of the emotions out of it. It can allow you to see the hard situation in new light, or at least from a less emotional one after some much needed rest. Much like healing is essential after an injury. I’m telling you this because I very much thought my life was over (more than once). It’s embarrassing to admit that, but I did. I let what I was going through “today” represent all of my story; I let my spiraling lead to very scary feelings. When in fact not all my feelings were reality and the parts that were became a huge learning and growing opportunity (hind sight), but most importantly, it was only part of my whole story. 

It won’t always feel like it, but God is always working whether you can see it first hand or not. As long as your breathing, you’re working too. Pages are being added to your story today and beyond today, and both the good and bad are very much apart it-

Mom 


Comments