Clutter-


 Daughters, 

I have a feeling that you two will remember all the toys and stuffed animals I’ve donated. Hopefully this doesn’t cause you therapy, but I’m perfectly okay with going down as the clutter hater. Shortly after I had you my youngest daughter I went through some really hard stuff all at once. I often think of when Christians state that the Lord doesn’t give you more than you can handle. But what I found out then is that- He doesn’t give you more than HE can handle. Not only was my anxiety crazy high then, but I was also dealing with family issues both emotional and physical ones on top taking care of a newborn plus a three year old, and three other nanny kiddos (ages seven and under) that I can’t fail to mention here too. What I’m getting at is that it forced me to take a hard look at myself, and all the things that were contributing to my stress. Aka, anxiety. I discovered that while my relationships, schedule, social media and news intake would need a major overhaul, so did my belongings. It was right then that I started working on cutting out what was no longer serving me. Now almost four years later, I can say that what I own is truly loved and wanted. But loved by not only me, but you both and your dad. Perhaps it wasn’t just my circumstances then that caused me to need change, but that in taking care of what would be become six kids, having less to clean up and take care of overall would ultimately lead to a more peaceful and intentional life- 

(And a Happier) Mom 

Comments