Success-

Daughters,

You’ll notice these posts are all over the place, quite often reflecting how my brain works. However, as random and all over the place they seem, everything that makes it to the publishing button is worthy. With that being said, I chose to talk about life in a general sense and success, and to share a very important quote: 


I truly hope that like Eleanor Roosevelt, I am leading by example on this one ☝🏻. Looking back, graduating high school was a very challenging time for me. It was one of my darkest seasons in my life actually, and I can reflect on that more so later. But simplifying it, I wasn’t sure what I wanted to do for a major, let alone a career. It’s not to say that I wasn’t gifted, but if I’m being honest- being a wife and mother was the only direction I was clear about. And that’s not something that is typically on a 17.5 year old’s (I graduated before I turned 18) radar! At the time it wasn’t ideal not having a direction, perhaps it still isn’t; but with that being said, it has forced me to focus my decisions on what is important to ME and not how much money I make. Sure having a large income is a blessing, but it can’t be the center of your life! My prayer for you both is that you will have a interest to major in when college time comes. I also pray that you only struggle with having too many to choose from actually! But I will understand if your needs change and your careers do along with it! Not having a specific direction has been a difficult thing to face throughout my life, but I have learned to appreciate and rely on my faith because of it. But I have an extremely hard work ethic (something that comes naturally because I inherited it from my dad). Although my career hasn’t always been children and care-taking focused, I have found success and a community at every place I have worked in because of who I am. I have also been a long time learner. Basically, I’m a multi-passionate and ever-evolving person. 

I guess what I am getting at here is that I want your lives to be filled with as much enjoyment, interest, experience, and understanding as possible in anything you do. Doing these things throughout your life won’t always feel easy or right even, but they will in the end- 

make you successful, always- 

Mom 

Comments