Image-

 



Daughters, 

Truth be told, I have been putting off this one ☝🏻 for long enough. There are a million quotes that I could of chose, but I narrowed it down to these two because I want to drive how important you as a person is, and how it can affect how others find you attractive. It’s crazy to think that what lies inside us could in fact reflect what is outside us. But it does!  Much like there are really unhealthy skinny people! Image is such a tricky thing, because we are human beings after all, and women at that. It would be such a lie if I said that I have always loved how I looked on the outside. Actually, beauty and weight have plagued both sides of your family; that when I discovered I was going to be a “girl mom,” I wanted to stop the unhealthy history with image right there and then.
I have avoided this conversation until know because you both are still so young. I try my best to be careful how I talk about myself, and I especially watch how I talk about you two. That will only continue to be vital as you each near middle and high school. 
I believe image and how we view ourselves starts with how we feel about ourselves in general. Quite often I find myself more unhappy with my image when I’m unhappy with other things. I pray you both are better than that! But, if your not, and you have these kind of moments too, know that who you are and especially when talking about DNA, are made perfectly- exactly like you already are. There’s no need to hide behind makeup, diets, and especially plastic surgeries. There are things about each and every one of us that makes us beautiful. Sure there are things I wouldn’t necessarily choose about myself for myself (my boobs, butt and legs), but I have learned that we usually want what we don’t have- there’s other girls that would kill for what I have! However it’s not just our family, but our culture in general that struggles with image. Truth be told, we suck at not comparing, aging gracefully and loving what we naturally have. You two embrace what you naturally have okay, 
Mom 

Comments