Stopping-

Daughters,

 Stop yourself from stopping yourself. 

Although these aren’t particularly my words, and I’m not sure who to credit them to, I find them to be words of wisdom. It’s hard to know what lies ahead for you two, especially my youngest, but knowing my oldest daughter’s heart, these words will be particularly important as you continue to get older. You are nearly four years ahead of your sister, and you have the same tendency as me to carefully plan out your next move; whereas you little sister are far more daring. But reading about Lindsey Vonn inspired me to share this story. She has a shark tattooed on the inside of her left ring finger. She believes that “sharks go after what they want, and they always keep moving forward.” I thought you my oldest would find this fascinating because of your infatuation with sharks too. Perhaps subconsciously your love of these creatures right now are for the same reasons Lindsey Vonn finds them so meaningful. She doesn’t seem afraid of anything! And although she has had plenty of success in skiing, she hasn’t allowed her injuries or failures keep her from continuing to try. I don’t want you to stop either!

“Pick yourself back up. Tomorrow’s a new day, a new opportunity. Don’t let your past hold you back.” 

Let your past propel you forward- 

Mom 

Comments