Sisterhood-

 


Daughters, 

You don’t yet know how lucky you are that you have each other. You will see each other through love and through pain. And you will be by each other’s side, whatever comes. 

Jenna Bush Hager

Yes, this could apply to my own situation with a brother, but like Jenna, you two share something I can only dream of. Sweet sisterhood started far before that summer day in June. I believe so, even before I knew it, you my oldest were eager for little sister to join earth side. Your bond is strengthening along with your ages; and I of course, am blessed to be such a close witness. It's hard to know what your futures will hold. But I can guess that there will be seasons when you find your relationship closer and other times- strained. Perhaps just annoyed with each other! I'm not here to guilt either of you; but rather give you permission to lean on and also let the space between you flow. But never let too much time pass. Never lose what you two have.

You two are so different from each other, but the beauty in that is that you can balance each other- always. I am thankful for each of your gifts, personalities, experiences, etc. Even the hard stuff has made me grow along side you both. I'm writing this here because I can attest to sibling rivalry. Know that you don't need to worry about competing. Your dad and I are proud of you both, and try our very best not to compare on purpose. There will be times when each of you need us more than the other, but never mistake that for favoring. Don’t think that I’m claiming to be immune to favoritism; rather, know that I am hyper aware because of my own experience and will do my best to not make you feel the same. There’s always room for you both, don’t forget that! 

Your bond is the fabric of our family-

May your sweet sisterhood serve you now and in whatever comes,

Mom 

Comments