Comparing-

 Daughters, 

Don’t compare your life to others’. There’s no comparison between the sun and the moon. They shine when it’s their time. 

I realize by the time you both read this and understand what I’m saying here that social media will be an even bigger part of our lives then it already is. I picture that there will be apps I can’t pronounce, let alone use. And even though I myself have cut ties from many of the social media platforms now, I can understand their place. Especially as a young adult. With that being said, in an age where we are constantly connected, comparison seems like the elephant in the room no one wants to point out. Even as an adult I can fall into that trap of comparing myself to other moms. But I’m here to tell you that if you can cut that monkey off your back too, there’s so much freedom in not measuring your worth in others. There’s so much freedom in listening to what works for yourself only. It won’t always be that simple, but know that if you always keep a place for honoring yourself first and allowing others to do the same- comparison won’t have its hold on you.

As the wonderful Brene Brown says, 

“Comparison is the crush of conformity from one side and competition from the other- it’s trying to simultaneously fit in and stand out. Comparison says, ‘Be like everyone else, but better.’ 


You will both shine when it’s your time and just be yourself every chance you get,

Mom 

Comments