Honesty-

 Daughters,

Honesty is the one value that will guide you through the rest of your life. I think honesty controls everything. If you're honest with yourself, you'll be honest with your family. If you're honest with all the people around you, no matter what happens, you can look at yourself in the mirror in the morning and say, "I haven't done anything wrong." In other words, you've made the right decision if you're honest.

-Karl Pillemer 


I could say something cheesy here like, honesty is the best policy, but I'll refrain from getting too mom-ish, and just get right to my own thoughts. The quote above covers most of what I wanted to say. Honesty will guide you through your entire life. It's something, now that you both are passed the baby and toddler years, that honesty has come into play. And it's hard. Being honest doesn't mean that you haven't made a mistake and have to be perfect all the time. Honesty is even more important when you have made a mistake. There will come a time when honesty and what you have to be honest about will be about bigger things in your life. I remember when I was in high school, thinking that what I was holding inside myself was too big to be honest about to my parents. Like, something that if I shared with them, would be too big to escape from. Or that if I did tell them, it would change what they thought about me. But, I am here to tell you that your problems or even just what you are feeling will never be too big for me- ever. Your mistakes will make you an even better person if you learn from them and let it. Nothing you do or say will change what I think about you two- okay! 

Being honest, even when it's really hard, will always be the right decision,

Mom 

Comments